Head Of Ad Product
New York, NY
The Senior Data Analyst is responsible for providing data analysis, delivering meaningful insights, and making strategic recommendations across multiple lines of business, including editorial and advertising. Reporting to the head of Analytics, this person will work closely with other Data Team members and partner with Engineering and Product groups to help define and track KPIs.
The ideal candidate will be a critical thinker and strong problem solver. They must be highly motivated, passionate, organized, and can operate effectively in both independent and collaborative team settings. Must have a deep understanding of the media industry and a willingness to work towards creative solutions to complex problems in a timely manner. It is a unique opportunity to be part of a growing Data Team for the nation's largest broadcast company and help move our business into the future. Experience with the broadcast industry is a plus.
Candidates in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, or Dallas are preferred; remote candidates with exceptional experience may be considered.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain dashboards, reports, and other deliverables that provide insights into our business performance and help us make data-driven decisions
• Perform deep-dive analyses of wide-ranging topics from defining benchmarks to evaluating performance and explaining data anomalies
• Communicate complex data and insights to stakeholders across the organization
• Create meaningful data visualizations to support complex data presentation
• Support new strategy, processes design, reporting, and communications
• Create informative and well-organized presentations that provide actionable insights for the business
• Perform ad-hoc assignments, including leading and supporting special projects
• Manage data and analysis projects end-to-end, from requirements definitions to managing deliverables to stakeholders
• Partner with our data engineering and data management teams to ensure that our data infrastructure is reliable, scalable, and secure
• Stay up-to-date with the latest tools, techniques, and trends in data analytics and develop training programs to ensure that our team is continually improving
• Minimum Bachelor's degree, and work experience or training related to statistics, mathematics, business, economics, computer or data science, or finance
• 3-5 years prior work experience in a related position with a major publisher, digital media organization, or ad tech company required
• Experience using PowerBI required; Tableau/Looker Studio/Looker is a plus
• Familiarity with Web and mobile app analytics tools (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Firebase, Chartbeat)
• Solid foundation of SQL required
• Solid understanding of how ad tech and monetization works on a website; familiarity with Google Ad Manager, order management systems, or Sales CRMs a plus
• Analytical mindset and desire to learn to tell compelling fact-based stories that drive action
• Multi-tasker who can manage day-to-day baseline marketing insights and analytics but can also accept opportunistic interruptions
• Skilled in merging diverse data from different platforms, formats, and environments
• Operates efficiently and can switch focus based on company priorities
• A self-starter who delivers results, is up for a new challenge and always looking for new tools as ways of bringing facts together
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must
Compensation ranges from $85,000-$104,000 + commensurate with experience and skill level.
Who We Are:
We are Nexstar Media Group, Inc., the largest TV station operator in the country. We are also a technology company ready to embark upon transformative growth over the next decade. We produce and distribute engaging local and national news, sports, and entertainment content across television, streaming and digital platforms, including nearly 300,000 hours of original video content each year. Nexstar owns America's largest local broadcasting group comprised of top network affiliates, with 200 owned or partner stations in 116 US markets reaching 212 million people. In addition to delivering exceptional content and service to our communities, Nexstar provides premium multiplatform and video-on-demand advertising opportunities at scale for businesses and brands seeking to leverage the strong consumer engagement of our compelling content offering.
Nexstar offers full time employees a comprehensive benefits package to include medical, life and short-term disability insurance, worker's compensation, and unemployment insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, paid sick time, employee assistance program, bereavement leave, jury duty service time off, military leave, and medical/maternity & family leave.
Nexstar is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the industry's top talent. In compliance with the provisions of all applicable state and federal civil rights laws, every effort will be made to employ the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, disability, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, veteran's status, sexual orientation, military status, or any other protected personal characteristic. Additionally, it is and shall continue to be our policy to provide promotion and advancement opportunities within the Company in a nondiscriminatory fashion based on merit, qualifications, and ability.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2p6j7-44-200-168-16-42 in your application.
Salary Range: $85,000 to $104,000 Per Year ($ USD)
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.