Photographer / Editor
WGN-TV is currently seeking a producer of sports content within newscasts, GN Sports and special programming.
• Produce sportscasts in their entirety- stacking, writing, logging and editing video, making graphics-under strict deadline pressure.
• Involvement in producing GN Sports show.
• Work with reporters to enterprise and develop stories.
• Responsible for editorial decision-making while in the control room during sportscasts.
• Work with photographers to manage and produce shoots.
• Coordinate with the digital team to make sure our website and social media are properly updated.
• Three to five (3-5) years experience producing sports for television, preferably in Chicago.
• General knowledge of all Chicago sports teams.
• Strong news judgment, quick decision maker and creative thinker.
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.