Sales Account Executive
NewsChannel 34, an ABC and NBC affiliate in Binghamton NY, market size 160, is looking for a full-time sports director.
The sports director will shoot, write, edit and anchor a daily sportscast as a one-person sports department. Coverage will include scholastic and collegiate sports (including a Division 1 basketball team), AA baseball, professional hockey and special events including an annual PGA Tour Champions Golf Tournament.
NewsChannel 34 is seeking a smart, motivated sports journalist who is well organized and works well alone. A bachelor's degree is preferred, no experience required.
• Produces and presents sports reports for all platforms
• Ensures that all sports content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
• Writes and delivers sports stories in a clear and concise manner
• Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating sports programming and other content
• Responds to breaking sports events and other urgent newsrooms situations as required
• Participates in promotional activities including public appearances
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
• Shoots video for sports reports
• Sets up, composes and executes video shots
• Maintains video equipment
• Edits video clips for television broadcasts and eMedia content
• Writes stories for the website and other eMedia platforms
• Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Comprehensive knowledge of sports and sports related activities
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record
• Flexibility to work any shift
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv5e0j-34-231-247-88-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.