Here at Nexstar Digital Solutions, we build, maintain and launch hundreds of sites, mobile apps, and sustain a video and OTT platform that millions of people view every day. The Software Engineering Manager will be responsible for managing multiple software engineering teams that are designing and implementing features and functionality to scale and grow Nexstar's products and platforms. This role requires the ability to balance between people management and leadership and technical leadership responsibilities. This role will be a key contributor to growing our team by recruiting and hiring software engineers as well as by helping to mentor and lead our current software engineering teams toward building world class software. The Software Engineering Manager will be responsible for working collaboratively within their teams, with other teams, with other managers and with senior leadership in creating an engineering culture of excellence. This role reports to either the VP or SVP of Engineering and joins a rapidly growing engineering department and company. We value a diverse and inclusive team and are looking for someone to be a part of it.
Nexstar is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and we are seeking US Based REMOTE or LOCAL Managers.
*Visa sponsorship is NOT available at this time
• Lead, manage, mentor and develop teams of software engineers to grow your team members' career paths.
• Collaborate effectively with product managers, QA, architecture, security and DevOps teams using lean software development, DevOps and agile principles to deliver software.
• Recruit, hire and retain software engineering staff by participating in recruiting and interview efforts.
• Work with other engineering managers and senior engineering leaders to continuously invest in and improve the engineering department processes, practices and culture.
• Advocate for software product quality and delivery by promoting automated testing, CI/CD, DevOps and lean software development practices.
• Cultivate an engineering culture of innovative, egoless, high trust problem solving.
• Work with other departments as needed to collaborate on projects that span outside of engineering (HR, Marketing, Sales, Customer Success).
• 2+ years of software engineering management experience with track record of leading software engineering teams to deliver products (Media and/or Content Experience preferred).
• 5+ years of experience as an individual contributor or as a software engineer.
• 3+ years working on teams using Agile methodologies and an iterative process (Scrum, Kanban, XP) to deliver software to market.
• Strong development and architecture experience with Object Oriented languages
• Experience recruiting, interviewing and hiring personnel in software engineering roles on your teams.
• Experience managing and coaching individuals' performance through review processes and providing guidance and feedback to help team members grow professionally.
• Experience leading and managing teams that are geographically distributed and working remotely.
• Positive and enthusiastic team player with strong interpersonal skills and collaborative orientation.
Nice To Have Qualifications:
• Past experience in the media and broadcasting industry
• Experience managing more than 1 software engineering team simultaneously.
• Hands-on experience in some or all of our stack which is PHP/WordPress, NodeJS, React, React Native
• Experience with AWS technologies and cloud infrastructures.
• Experience with SEO where you can help with page lift
• Experience with caching strategies for large scale platforms
• Experience with GIT and other source control systems
• You care about things like software quality, TDD, DevOps & CI/CD, Agile, Lean Software Engineering, Continuous Improvement, fostering a culture of learning, servant leadership among others.
About Nexstar Digital Solutions
Nexstar's digital media products and services focus on providing innovative solutions to audiences, clients and any business looking to gain an edge in the shifting digital landscape. Along with Nexstar's dedication to providing local news, entertainment and sports content through its digital platforms, Nexstar Digital's companies provide digital publishing and content management platforms, a video advertising platform, digital agency services and other digital media solutions to publishers and advertisers.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0nyxj-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.