Los Angeles, CA
We are looking for a Software Engineer with experience in delivering large-scale, performant software systems within the media industry. The Software Engineer will be part of the team that develops and deploys our software applications that will help shape the broadcast industry now and into the future.
The right candidate will work closely with other stakeholders from Product, PMO, Revenue, and Data teams to drive customer and business value from the Company's unique market position. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, passionate leader with a full-stack technical background skilled at solving complex challenges by building innovative software products using the latest best practices in technology. He/she should have strong expertise in software development and delivery of large-scale applications.
We are looking for someone who is comfortable digging into requirements, exceptional coding skills, helping build new software systems, promote new technology, mentor engineers, work with a team of engineers and the ability to work collaboratively with the rest of the team in agile methodology.
• Delivering, scalable, clean, and robust software development
• Enforcing consistent software quality by implementing tests and performing code reviews
• Collaborating with product owners, engineers and data scientists to build a seamless media platform
• Championing new technologies and enforcing the best development patterns
• Debug issues in production/live systems
• WordPress Plugin Development
• Multisite WordPress development
• Continuously improve the platform and the codebase
• Perform code reviews
• Strong development skills in an Object-oriented language, PHP preferred
• Experience of developing automation tools; CI/CD
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Math or related field within
• 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
• Excellent interpersonal skills to interact well with stakeholders, to understand business requirements
• Creative problem-solver with ability to look beyond existing business and technology limitations to identify the ''next thing''
• Experience in the media and broadcasting industry highly desired
• Experience in WordPress development
• Strong cultural and team leadership skills, experience with Agile
• Strong understanding of Object-Oriented Design, and microservices
• System knowledge and experience
• Experience in at least one of React.js, vue.js, Next.js
• Experience with, webpack, babel, grunt
• Strong understanding of CSS or SCSS
• Experience with versioning such as Github/bitbucket
• Familiarity with CDN technologies
• Familiarity with Docker
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.