Social Media Manager
Sinclair Broadcast Group
NewsNation is seeking to hire an experienced Social Media Producer.
Key responsibilities include:
• Build and cultivate social media platforms for two new primetime shows.
• Develop and execute social media strategy across several platform for both shows.
• Promote shows, build and engage audience in the weeks ahead of launch.
• Create content from shows and behind the scenes that increases engagement and following
• Work with talent on their already-established social media platforms
• Write stories from shows for NewsNation website
• Moderate viewer/user comments across all social channels to foster a community of healthy discussion that stays true to NewsNation's mission.
• Collect viewer comments for on-air segments
• Work with WGN America's marketing department to develop larger-scale promotions across all digital platforms
• 3-5 years working in or on social media
• National newsroom experience a plus
• Creative, engaging, quick-thinking
• Understanding of social media and emerging platforms, and experience integrating varied channels into strategy
• Knowledgeable of Photoshop, Premiere and After Effects
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple projects
• Experience using various social media data collection tools
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.