Big Ten Network
NewsNation is seeking to hire an experienced Social Media Manager. Key responsibilities include:
• Create engaging content across all NewsNation Now digital platforms that increase audience engagement, website/app traffic and drive viewership to the NewsNation broadcast
• Moderate viewer/user comments across all social channels to foster a community of healthy discussion that stays true to NewsNation's mission.
• Cultivate, develop and share best practices with producers and correspondents for editorial use of social media platforms to engage, inform and compel our audience
• Develop, maintain, and share regular reporting on social media analytics
• Work with WGN America's marketing department to develop larger-scale promotions across all digital platforms
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or a related field
• Minimum of 5 years' experience
• National newsroom experience a plus
• Excellent writing, editing and fact-checking skills
• Tactical understanding of social media and emerging platforms, and experience integrating varied channels into strategy
• Knowledgeable of Photoshop, Premiere and After Effects
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple projects
• Experience using various social media data collection tools
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.