Senior Brand Manager
Remote / Virtual
Nexstar Inc., is looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager who is passionate about the digital media and ad-tech space and its future evolution. You will be responsible for product strategy, managing GTM process, developing messaging, creating marketing collateral/tools, driving product thought leadership pieces, and helping the sales teams reach their business objectives. This role will be responsible for bringing our brand forward through a quantitative and analytical perspective in the products that the manage. The person in this role is strategic in nature, and an idea-generator, with a deep passion for building and humanizing products. You will work closely with Marketing peers on messaging, position, and design, and partner with leaders across the organization to both guide and support major initiatives that advance our products and business ambitions. This role reports to the Director of Product Marketing.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, passionate person uniquely capable of both right and left brain thinking. You believe in all thing's customer, and humanized marketing. You bring together a rigorous customer and analytical mindset with a deep appreciation and understanding the building of products and partnering with a Sales organization to drive sales of those products. This person is comfortable being an owner who takes initiative and has the ability to move fast and iterate along the way, bringing others into your marketing vision. You will bring the unique perspective needed to resolve complex marketing challenges across the organization. You are a very strong writer and editor, able to simplify extreme complexity and bring multiple stakeholders along with clarity and understanding. This person possesses an innate understanding of how to manage and evolve a highly visible product portfolio through deep product knowledge, creativity, data-driven insights and marketing best practices.
• Become an expert of Nexstar products, audience, and surrounding competitive context.
• Manage the go-to-market processes for products, including target market definition, messaging, collateral, training, and market share growth.
• Work cross-functionally with marketing, product management, engineering, and business intelligence to align product priorities and goals.
• Be the main partner to the Sales organization to create marketing and tools that deliver business growth, revenue retention, and customer satisfaction.
• Continuously improve and innovate our product collateral, sales tools, and marketing packages.
• Evangelize the Nexstar products through thought leadership in the market, including public speaking and by-line articles, in partnership with marketing and communications.
• Help establish and execute a product training system and curriculum.
• Share product marketing best practices across the company.
• Work with external agency resources, as needed.
• Bachelor's Degree: MBA preferred
• 6+ years' experience in product marketing
• Ad tech experience is a plus, but not a must-have.
• Technical background is preferred–either from prior product management or engineering experience.
• Impeccable writing and communication skillset, with an ability to simplify complex and difficult technical concepts
• Ability to focus on driving results while never losing sight of the strategy.
• Ability to build credibility with product teams, sales teams and customers.
• Ownership style, strong work ethic and true passion for the digital media space.
• A humanistic approach to technology and a strong command of technology that will garner respect of product management and engineering
• Able to assess broad market dynamics and zero in on the ones that will make the greatest impact
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and pressure, we are a growing fast-paced company.
• Proven experience developing and delivering valuable strategic frameworks and solutions.
• Highly skilled in the development of data-driven insights and application of insights and data to develop strategic recommendations for a brand.
• Hands-on experience rolling out cross-org strategies, change management, and building plans for implementation.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.