Senior Product Marketing Manager
Remote / Virtual
Nexstar Inc., is looking for a Senior Brand Manager who is passionate about the digital media space and its future evolution. This role will be responsible for driving our brand forward through a quantitative and analytical perspective and leading the creation of a new divisional brand identity and managing that brand across other divisions and corporate. The person in this role is strategic in nature with a deep passion for building and humanizing brands. You will work closely with Marketing peers on messaging, position, and design, and partner with leaders across the organization to both guide and support major initiatives that advance our brand and business ambitions. This role reports to the Senior Vice President, Marketing.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, passionate person uniquely capable of both right and left brain thinking. You believe in all thing's customer, and humanized marketing. You bring together a rigorous customer and analytical mindset with a deep appreciation and understanding of building brands. You have strong opinions on good vs. amazing. vs. killer brands and a framework for how to develop a top-ranking digital media brand. You need to be comfortable taking initiative, being an owner, and have the ability to move fast and iterate along the way, bringing others into your brand vision. You will bring the unique perspective needed to resolve complex brand and marketing challenges across the organization. You are a very strong writer and editor, able to simplify extreme complexity and bring multiple stakeholders along with clarity and understanding. This person possesses an innate understanding of how to manage and evolve a highly visible brand through deep product knowledge, creativity, data-driven insights and marketing best practices.
• Become an expert of Nexstar Inc.'s products, audience, and surrounding competitive context.
• Develop a Nexstar brand, protecting, evolving and growing what and how we communicate, in order to build authentic and long-lasting relationships with our customers.
• Be the brand owner and chief evangelist across the organization.
• Craft communication strategies and briefs that shape the articulation of the brand and marketing strategy, ensuring consistency across all touch points.
• Create clear and compelling presentation of brand strategies and ideas to stakeholders both within and outside of marketing, always grounded in data and sound rationale.
• Contribute to the ongoing exploration and refinement of the brand and what it represents.
• Develop highly actionable models, toolkits, and brand frameworks to help teams effectively and consistently activate the brand strategy.
• Develop powerful insights from internal and external dashboards, data sets, and trends that will help drive our brand and business forward
• Contribute to marketing campaign messaging, evaluation and optimization.
• Work in partnership Marketing peers to identify creative needs and help inform and inspire creative development of core marketing assets.
• Work closely with Product Management and Engineering partners to inform brand decisions how that visually translates into their processes.
• Share brand marketing best practices across the company.
• Work with external agency resources, as needed.
• Bachelor's Degree: MBA preferred
• 8+ years' experience in brand strategy, marketing strategy.
• Proven experience building a brand from the ground up and/or leading a rebrand.
• Highly creative portfolio of prior brand work that includes ideation, creative, and messaging.
• Ownership style, strong work ethic and true passion for the digital media space.
• Experience working with B2B customers.
• Impeccable writing and communication skillset.
• Proven experience developing and delivering valuable strategic frameworks and solutions.
• Highly skilled in the development of data-driven insights and application of insights and data to develop strategic recommendations for a brand.
• Hands-on experience rolling out cross-org strategies, change management, and building plans for implementation.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.