WGN-TV has an immediate opening for a Per Diem Ross Cambotic Camera operator to work in a dynamic broadcast environment. This position is responsible for operating remotely controlled robotic cameras during live news broadcasts and recorded studio productions. This person will be responsible for correctly positioning and framing shots and for camera ''shading'' and color correction. You must thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing collaborative environment with constant deadline pressure.
Interested candidate must be a team player.
Other engineering experience a plus in areas of news production (TD, Audio), Steadicam or Air Control.
Desired Experience and Skills:
• Five years of experience in professional live broadcast operations (radio/TV/cable) required.
• You must be detail-oriented and have the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
• This position requires correct evaluation of picture color and tone. The ability to distinguish colors is critical.
• Experience running professional video cameras (studio or robotic) required.
• Ross Cambotics camera experience preferred.
• Candidate should be a problem solver and quick thinker to resolve existing issues and to work around problems that arise during live news.
• A flexible work schedule is required, including early mornings, nights and weekends to meet the 24/7 operational needs
• Working knowledge of common business software applications, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Must be self-sufficient and have a press-on-regardless attitude.
• Must work well in a collaborative team environment.
The WGN-TV facility originates WGN-TV/Channel 9 as well as two national networks. This position will require shift work which includes nights, weekends and holidays, along with overtime as situations demand.
This position is a PER DIEM position which will require membership in IBEW .
WGN-TV is located seven miles northwest of downtown Chicago just minutes from I-94. We offer a competitive salary as well as free on-site parking for employees. Do you have what it takes to be on our team? Send us your resume and take your first step towards becoming a part of the WGN-TV crew!
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.