WGN-TV and News Nation have an immediate opening for a Per Diem Robotic Camera engineer to work in a dynamic broadcast environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for operating remotely controlled robotic cameras during live news broadcasts and recorded studio productions. This person will be responsible for correctly positioning and framing shots and for camera ''shading'' and color correction. Depending on production requirements you will work solo or with other engineers in performing these duties. You must thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing collaborative environment with constant deadline pressure.
Interested candidate must be a team player. A flexible work schedule is required, including early mornings, nights and weekends to meet the 24/7 operational needs.
Other engineering experience a plus (Audio, Steadicam, Transmission or Air Control).
• Five years of experience in professional live broadcast operations (radio/TV/cable) required.
• You must be detail-oriented and be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
• This position requires correct evaluation of picture color and tone. The ability to distinguish colors is critical.
• Experience running professional robotic video cameras is required.
• Working knowledge of common business software applications, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Must be self-sufficient and have a press-on-regardless attitude.
• Must work well in a collaborative team environment.
The Chicago facility originates two national television networks and WGN-TV/Channel 9. This position is a Per Diem position which will require membership in IBEW.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmxymm-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.