Who are we:
We are Nexstar Media Group, Inc., the largest TV station operator in the country. And we are also a technology company ready to embark upon transformative growth over the next decade. We produce and distribute engaging local and national news, sports and entertainment content across television, streaming and digital platforms, including nearly 300,000 hours of original video content each year.
Nexstar owns America's largest local broadcasting group comprised of top network affiliates, with 200 owned or partner stations in 116 US markets reaching 212 million people. In addition to delivering exceptional content and service to our communities, Nexstar provides premium multiplatform and video-on-demand advertising opportunities at scale for businesses and brands seeking to leverage the strong consumer engagement of our compelling content offering.
We are extremely proud of our collection of outstanding television stations, digital businesses, and talented employees nationwide. Within Nexstar Ad Sales, we are excited to reimagine and transform our division; investing and building for the future while forging a culture that promotes our entrepreneurial spirit, embraces bold thinking, and challenges the conventional way. If you have the curiosity, passion, are inclusive and collaborative, work with us, and let's continue to make a difference for all our stakeholders ~ our colleagues, our customers, our owners, and the communities in which we operate.
Title: Research Analyst, Broadcast (3 positions)
Reports to: VP, Research, Broadcast
Salary Range: $55K - $80K
Location: 1 position in New York; 2 positions flexible
The Analyst will be responsible for maintaining network programming and audience estimates across Nexstar's footprint of 200+ local television stations. Working in our sales avail system, this position will update our catalog of linear television programming as network schedules evolve. Program audience estimates will be meticulously maintained to ensure accurate advertising campaigns can be generated. Audience estimates will then be communicated with our national sales team and local stations. In addition, the analyst will work with the VP, Broadcast Research to generate one sheets, audience trends, dashboards, and other reports to create actionable insights. The Analyst will be an integral member of Nexstar's new advertising sales research team and will be responsible for ensuring our national and local sales teams have up to date information at their fingertips.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Working in sales avail systems like Wide Orbit Media Sales to update network prime and sports programming across Nexstar's 200+ television stations.
• Generating audience estimates based on historical performance and market-specific trends.
• Maintenance of network programming recaps to communicate changes to sales teams.
• Creation of sales materials, including one sheets, audience trends, dashboards, etc.
• Working with the VP, Broadcast Research in a variety of capacities to ensure our sales teams have the information and materials they need for success.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience (2+ years) in Marketing, Communications, English, or Statistics
• Minimum of 2 years of media research experience
• Significant knowledge of the local television marketplace and media campaigns
• Experience in Wide Orbit Media Sales preferred but not required
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Problem-solving and deductive reasoning skills
• Clear and concise communications both through writing & presentation skills
• Organizational skills for daily responsibilities & special projects for sales and marketing team
• Comfortable working in a collaborative team environment
• Highly proficient in all Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Nexstar offers full time employees a comprehensive benefits package to include medical, life and short-term disability insurance, worker's compensation, and unemployment insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, paid sick time, employee assistance program, bereavement leave, jury duty service time off, military leave, and medical/maternity & family leave.
Nexstar is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the industry's top talent. In compliance with the provisions of all applicable state and federal civil rights laws, every effort will be made to employ the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, disability, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, veteran's status, sexual orientation, military status, or any other protected personal characteristic. Additionally, it is and shall continue to be our policy to provide promotion and advancement opportunities within the Company in a nondiscriminatory fashion based on merit, qualifications, and ability.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx2mx4-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.