The Regional Business Manager oversees and manages financial and accounting responsibilities for multiple television stations/markets within a specified region. Location TBD but will be required to office at an agreed upon TV market location.
• Provide business planning and analysis to various groups within the organization (Finance, Accounting, GM and RVP)
• Key player in the preparation of annual TV Market budgets in conjunction with Market GM
• Prepare monthly financial analysis
• Work closely with General Managers and Department Heads to capture and translate business activity for monthly and quarterly reporting periods
• Counsel with assigned stations on a regular and routine basis
• Review and approve TV market invoices
• Communicate and translate key business information between TV Market and the Corporate office
• Analyze and explain monthly budget variances
• Oversee the monthly commission approval process
• Oversee the monthly AR collection monitoring at the assigned markets
• Preparation of quarterly SOX compliance package
• Preparation of accounting journal entries related to Prepaid and Accrued expense accounts.
• Review of certain balance sheet reconciliations
• Monthly close responsibilities
• Maintain Trade Agreements and operating contracts executed during the quarter
• Enforce internal control and other corporate accounting policies and procedures
• Undertake special projects as directed by Director of RBMs, RVP, or Corporate VP
Requirements & Skills
• Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting with a minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience. CPA and/or MBA preferred
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills
• Must be well organized, confident, flexible, multi-tasker, and be able to work independently.
• Must be a strong team player and exhibit great collaboration skills
• Interpersonal Savvy- relates well with all people
• Builds rapport and effective relations and uses diplomacy and tact
• Problem solving & decision making- uses logic and methods to solve difficult problems, finds sources for input, makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj23pb-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.