The Production Director is responsible for: researching, planning, managing and producing news programming.
• Plans and develops local news programs: researches and develops ideas and budgets; writes scripts; etc.
• Produces program(s): conducts interviews; manages talent; may serve as editor, videographer, and/or audio/lighting specialist
• Post-production: edits videotape; completes related paperwork such as clearances; labels and stores completed show tapes
• Provides training and direction to the production staff
• Assist in repair and upkeep of studio and production sets and properties
• Participate in the design of video graphics, titles, music, and creative look of shows; makes editorial
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• BA or BS degree in Communications or Mass Communications with an emphasis on Television Production or related experience
*Related experience will be evaluated by Company management and may be substituted based on one years of experience equals one year of education
• Minimum of two years of television directing experience preferred
• Working knowledge of television production techniques and extensive experience with automation is necessary
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
• Ability to plan work schedules and assign duties; ability to provide or arrange for training
• Creative decision-making skills
• Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
• Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions
• Knowledge of professional audio/video and staging techniques, facilities, and equipment
• Knowledge of audio/video tape storage and archiving procedures
• Knowledge of professional audio and/or video tape editing and post-production procedures, techniques, and standards
• Ability to formulate broadcast programming concepts and to plan, develop, and implement live and/or pre-recorded television programs
• Knowledge of television graphic design methods and techniques
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d82e6x-44-200-30-73-42 in your application.