Technician, Production (NE)
We're looking for entry level people with video editing skills and a passion for broadcasting. You will edit video for our newscasts, as well as work in the studio and control room during the newscasts: floor directing, running cameras, operating audio, and more. Must be able to demonstrate non-linear editing skills, and we'll teach you the rest. Related college coursework is preferred. This is a great opportunity to get into a newsroom and gain some valuable experience. Hours can be anything from early morning to late night, holidays, weekends, etc. We are a 24/7 operation.
• Editing video for newscasts (VO's, VOSOTS, PKG's)
• Set up and maintenance of studio for newscast
• Various studio positions during newscasts including:
• Operating prompter
• Operating robotic studio cameras
• Operating handheld camera
• Operating jib camera
• Floor directing
• Operating audio board
• Other duties as assigned
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Must be able to work well under deadline pressure
• Must be fast and accurate with non-linear editing
• Attention to detail is a must
• Ability to handle the pressure of a live news production
• Work performed primarily in an office environment, in the Control Room and in studio
• Exposure to electrical equipment
Education and Experience
• Must be proficient in non-linear editing. Adobe Premier experience preferred.
• Experience in multi-camera studio production is desired
• College coursework in video production is preferred
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.