We're looking for entry level people with video editing skills and a passion for broadcasting. You will edit video for our live lifestyle show, as well as work in the studio and control room during the show: floor directing, running cameras, operating audio, and more. Must be able to demonstrate non-linear editing skills, and we'll teach you the rest. Related college coursework is preferred. This is a great opportunity to get into a newsroom and gain some valuable experience.
• Editing video for lifestyle show (VO's, VOSOTS, PKG's)
• Set up and maintenance of studio for show
• Various studio positions during show including:
• Operating robotic studio cameras
• Operating handheld camera
• Operating jib camera
• Floor directing
• Operating audio board
• Other duties as assigned
• Pulling airchecks of segments from the show each day and posting them to our website/social media
• Client/guest facing daily tasks
• Greet guests as they arrive
• Prep them for that day's show: what to expect, what time their segment will be on, etc.
• Assist in set up and tear down of guest displays for show
• Escorting guests on and off the set
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Must be able to work well under deadline pressure
• Must be fast and accurate with non-linear editing
• Attention to detail is a must
• Ability to handle the pressure of a live broadcast
• Work performed primarily in an office environment, in the Control Room and in studio
• Exposure to electrical equipment
Education and Experience
• Must be proficient in non-linear editing. Adobe Premier experience preferred.
• Experience in multi-camera studio production is desired
• College coursework in video production is preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1p2e0-3-236-51-151-42 in your application.