Des Moines, IA
Technician, Production (NE)
To operate audio board, and/or studio camera for live and taped broadcast productions.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS ESSENTIAL TO THE JOB:
• Set up, test and operate all audio sources for broadcast and/or pre-production.
• Thoroughly understanding all audio equipment.
• Meet with director to find out show responsibilities and properly execute them.
• Ability to operate studio camera and floor directing duties.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• A degree in communications
• One year experience in a television or production facility.
• Ability to type 35 WPM and must possess accurate spelling skills.
• Knowledge of various audio equipment, both playback and recording is preferred.
• Valid drivers license is required.
Internal Contacts: External Contacts:
News Department Viewers
Promotions Department Clients
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES:
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g. , emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.