Marketing / Creative Services Producer
Johnson City, TN
Dominant CBS/ABC combo serving the Tri-Cities, Tennessee, and Virginia communities. We are in central proximity to major metropolitan areas, including Knoxville, Charlotte, and Richmond. Our amazing work and play community is rich in history and home to the Birthplace of Country Music, Bristol Motor Speedway, and World Class Hiking and Fishing.
We are seeking a SUPERSTAR Production Director.
Join our family that is committed to being part of the fabric of our communities for more than 65 years that has made us a LEADER in delivering local content to our viewers.
To learn more about our beautiful area click here- Visit Tri-Cities
The Production Director is responsible for:
• Provides training and direction to the production staff
• Assist in upkeep of studio and production sets and properties
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• BA or BS degree in Communications or Mass Communications with an emphasis on Television Production or related experience preferred
• Related experience will be evaluated by Company management and may be substituted based on one years of experience equals one year of education
• Minimum of two years of television directing experience
• Working knowledge of television production techniques and extensive experience with Grass Valley Ignite automation is necessary
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
• Creative decision-making skills
• Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
• Knowledge of professional audio/video and staging techniques, facilities, and equipment
• Knowledge of professional audio and/or video editing and post-production procedures, techniques, and standards
• Ability to formulate broadcast programming concepts and to plan, develop, and implement live and/or pre-recorded television programs
• Knowledge of television programming concepts, principles, methodology, and techniques
• Strong leadership skills
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Production Director must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, and make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions or outdoors during remote broadcasts. In addition, the Production Director must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools, or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions. Must be able to climb 12' ladder. Must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds. Must have a valid driver's license.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpp93e-34-231-247-88-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.