The Production Assistant is responsible for various television production duties required to record scenes for live and recorded broadcasts.
• Assist with daily production of lifestyle and news programs and specials
• Set up and maintenance of studio for newscast
• Various studio positions during live newscasts and taped events including:
• Set Up and Operate prompter
• Operating, compose and frame video with studio cameras
• Floor directing duties during live and recorded programs
• Operate in real time On-Air Graphics
• Operating audio board
• Other duties as assigned
• Detail oriented and self-managing
• Driven personality forwarding goal setting
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to work well under deadline pressure
• Prefer Familiarity with Ross Video Tools including Xpression
• Must be fast and accurate with non-linear editing
• Attention to detail is a must
• Ability to handle the pressure of a live news production, interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production and engineering staff
• Excellent communication and organization skills
• BS/BA from an accredited four-year university or related work experience preferred
• Strongly preferred experience with AP ENPS
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: High stress environment with deadline pressures. Position requires day-to-day multi-tasking as well as managing multiple projects simultaneously with frequent change in direction and priority.
• NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmw4ov-3-235-179-111-42 in your application.