Nexstar Media Inc. has an immediate need, in their Digital division, for a Mobile Product Manager. Focusing on product development of Nexstar's platform used in its suite of mobile applications.
The Product Manager, Mobile (PMM) will be a key member of Nexstar Digital's Product Management team, contributing to the strategy, implementation, and maintenance of a robust mobile app platform that over 100 of our TV stations use to publish their journalistic reporting. This platform will also power our growing suite of OTT apps. The position requires extensive experience and passion for mobile application products, technologies, usability, and monetization, and a curiosity and excitement about how the field is evolving.
Reporting to the Director of Product, the PMM will work closely with Product team leaders and other stakeholders to help define, set, and implement strategic and operational mobile app priorities for Nexstar. Stellar communication and project management skills are vital, with the ability to weave together strategy, insights, and priorities into a structured and organized storyline for the benefit of all levels of management and stakeholders.
• Manage the day-to-day Product Management operations of Nexstar Digital's mobile-app-related workstreams, working with the Director and VP of Product to uphold the roadmap and deliver on timelines
• Requirements gathering
• Feature Definition (User Stories, Acceptance Criteria, etc.)
• Conducting user acceptance testing
• Creating detailed product artifacts such as PRDs and training documentation.
• Intake, triage, and follow-through on stakeholder bug/feature reports via systems like Zendesk
• Interview and mediate stakeholders who may have competing business needs, and propose solutions that meet the highest-priority themes
• Distill diverse requests into clearly written, actionable product requirements that can be prioritized within an Agile software development environment
• Interface closely with the Program Management and Engineering teams in determining scope and timelines of efforts, communicating this to the wider team
• Craft communications and proposals for stakeholders, demonstrating strategy, strong organizational thought, accuracy, analysis, and concise messaging
• Dwell on analytics, using them to diagnose issues and plan enhancements
• Exhibit comfort in using a variety of reporting and project management tools to communicate and document across the product portfolio including Zendesk, Jira, Confluence, etc.
• Stay up to date on developments in the mobile app space, including technologies, privacy laws, interface best practices, and market competition, proposing enhancements accordingly
• Manage end-to-end mobile rollouts and maintenance including:
• Bachelor's degree required
• 4+ years' experience in digital products, mobile app and/or OTT app development, technologies, platforms, development, operations, and monetization is a must, preferably for a media company
• Mastery of Agile Software Development Product Management methodologies, tools, and practices (gathering and writing requirements, user acceptance testing, etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders and collaborate and manage projects within a large geographically diverse company
• Ideal candidates will have a solid media/publishing business acumen, be motivated and passionate, and operate effectively in independent and team-collaboration settings alike
• Experience working with customized CMS technology like WordPress, Drupal, etc.
• Strong analytical skills and data-driven decision making based off quantitative and qualitative research
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw792k-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.