Los Angeles, CA
This producer writes, edits and produces daily entertainment stories for various newscasts. The candidate must be good at multi-tasking and working under enormous pressure.
This producer will help decides the order in which stories will be told, writes teases and other content, times entertainment blocks, edits video and posts video to the website. This position will report to the Entertainment Executive Producer.
Produces entertainment stories for broadcast across all platforms
• Writes and orders news stories and guest scripts
• Approves scripts
• Edits video
• Balances news and feature content to create compelling entertainment blocks
• Writes stories for the website and other platforms
• Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum three years' experience in news operations (Depending on market size)
• Must have knowledge of Adobe Premiere and ENPS is also a plus
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Flexibility to work any shift
KTLA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvkpz0-18-232-179-5-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.