Manager, IT Audit
Nexstar Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nexstar Media Group, Inc. and the largest local television broadcasting company in the United States, is seeking a President of Broadcasting to oversee its 198 owned and/or operated television stations in 116 markets reaching approximately 68% of U.S. television households (or 39%, reflecting the FCC's UHF discount.) The successful candidate will replace the current President, Timothy Busch, who is retiring June 1st after 36 years in broadcasting and more than 20 years as an executive within Nexstar Media.
Nexstar leverages localism to bring services and value to consumers and advertisers through its television, digital, and mobile media platforms. Nexstar's portfolio includes all primary major network affiliates, including ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox and the CW. Nexstar Media Group employs approximately 12,000 people across the U.S.
The ideal candidate will provide strong leadership for the company by working with the Chief Executive Officer and other senior company executives, the board of directors, and the company's local television station leaders to establish short and long-term goals, plans, and strategies designed to ensure the continued growth of Nexstar Inc.'s Broadcasting Division. The President is responsible for all aspects of the Division's operations including financial performance and growth, budget, sales, revenue, content and staff. The President and his/her direct reports work in tandem with local market leaders to set and achieve strategic goals and financial targets.
This position requires a deep knowledge of the industry, broadcast operations and the allocation of resources. The President must have an entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to adapt quickly to changes in the industry and the marketplace. The ideal candidate must possess considerable leadership qualities and years of associated industry experience and demonstrable success.
The President will work out of Nexstar Media Group, Inc.'s headquarters located in Irving, Texas. The position will require frequent travel.
Essential Duties and Requirements:
• Minimum 10 years of experience in leading commercial broadcast television stations as a General Manager, Group Vice-President, President, or other executive leadership role.
• Proven track record of managing high-performing sales and news operations with quantifiable growth results.
• Effective collaborator, overseeing multiple large projects and teams in a dynamic work environment
• Exemplary leadership skills, with demonstrable budgetary experience, building and reviewing strategic plans that result in growth
• Deep understanding of financials and the ability to convey complex financial information to senior staff and Board level executives.
• Experience in managerial oversight of high-level executives.
• Deep knowledge as an industry leader, advocate of local broadcasting, with extensive proven success in developing operational, content and community projects.
• High level understanding of digital technology and new platform strategies with examples of successful deployment.
• Exceptional business acumen and insightful understanding of industry trends and revenue drivers.
• Entrepreneurial spirit and an ability to organize, prioritize, and clarify deliverables.
• Ability to make data driven decisions with speed to achieve maximum results
If you wish to lead America's largest group of television broadcasting operations, work with dynamic and exceptional leaders in one of the nation's most successful media companies, and are driven by a determination to succeed, have a tireless work ethic and a commitment to creative, successful revenue generation, Nexstar Media Group, Inc. invites you to apply online at www.nexstar.tv.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.