Los Angeles, CA
The Platform Program Manager will be a key member of the project management team, responsible for managing Word Press platform teams supporting all the verticals on the platform. Reporting to the Director of the Program Management Office, the PPM will work closely with senior stakeholders including Product, Revenue and Operations, Content, Engineering, and Business Development. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, passionate leader that operates effectively in both independent and team collaboration settings. He/she should have a strong business acumen, solid understanding of digital media platforms and familiarity with the broadcast industry in addition to possessing excellent program management skills and intimate familiarity with agile Scrum methodologies.
This position needs prior experience working with WordPress, as well as a strong understanding of responsive design and content management systems, preferably for a media company. Familiarity with Mobile Apps development and roll out with integrated video, audio, and streaming data is a bonus.
Experience working with broadcast and publishing company is a plus.
• Work with PMO, Product Management, Engineering, Analytics and Revenue operations to determine project scope, high level goals and KPIs for projects.
• Monitor project timelines, scope creep, cross project dependencies and resource allocation within the program and provide weekly program status, and risk management reports.
• Plan overall program, lead project kick-offs and facilitate scrum ceremonies as needed.
• Develop good understanding of the wider objectives of the program, manage internal and external stakeholder communications, set stakeholder expectations.
• Guides the teams and stakeholders on Process and standards established by PMO.
• Participates in Scrum of Scrum Meetings to track dependencies with other PMs at Program level.
• Manages and motivates team to be self-organized and achieve target dates.
• Ability to take a high-level view of involvement across all aspects of the project but without spending significant time on detailed hands-on tasks.
• Must have excellent communication skills; written and verbal.
• Bachelor's degree required / Advanced degree in Computer Science, Technology, Media, or Information Systems preferred.
• Top tier professional with 6-9 years of Project and 4-5 years of Program management experience in agile development methodologies at scale, specifically Scrum, Lean and/or Kanban.
• Ability to work positively with the wide range of individuals involved in program and run efficient and engaging meetings with teams and stakeholders.
• Strong leadership and management skills and the ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems.
• Ability to understand complex workflows and platform APIs that require a high technical understanding.
• Familiarity with Word Press sites and Mobile Apps configurations and page types in CMS.
• Background in web publishing and development, HTML, PHP, CMSs (Drupal, WordPress, Moodle etc.), a major advantage.
• Experience managing Apple iOS and Android apps development and roll out to Appstore and Playstore is a bonus.
• Experience with Jira/Confluence or a similar agile project management tool.
• Scrum Master Certification, CSM or SAFE Agilist certification preferred.
• Experience with distributed teams and vendor Management is a must.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.