Per Diem Technical Director (WGN)
Join a Chicago media company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
WGN-TV has an immediate opening for a Per Diem Technical Director Engineer to work in a dynamic broadcast environment.
The successful candidate...
• Will be able to operate a wide variety of equipment in our state-of-the-art Ross Overdrive control rooms.
• Will be responsible for switching fast paced newscasts and recorded programming.
• Must have strong computer skills and be able to learn new technologies.
• Will listen to director's commands and react swiftly and accurately.
• Must be able to prepare and switch video elements during live and pre-recorded programming while ensuring all content meets WGN's quality standards.
• Should be a problem solver and quick thinker to resolve existing issues and to work around problems that arise during live news.
• Interested candidate must be a team player.
• Five years total experience in professional live television broadcast operations required.
• Previous Technical Directing experience required.
• Must be detail-oriented and be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
• Working knowledge of common business software applications, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Must be proficient with operation of broadcast equipment within assigned area, including but not limited to switchers, routing, CGs, video playback, remote camera operation.
• Other engineering experience a plus in areas of audio, robotic camera, transmission or Steadicam.
• Experience with Ross Overdrive or other control room automation required.
• Must be able to communicate and document effectively and concisely to the rest of the team.
• Must be self-sufficient and have a press-on-regardless attitude.
The WGN-TV facility originates WGN-TV/Channel 9 as well as three national networks. This position is a per diem position which will require membership in IBEW.
WGN-TV is located seven miles northwest of downtown Chicago just minutes from I-94. We offer a competitive salary as well as free on-site parking for employees. Do you have what it takes to be on our team? Send us your resume and take your first step towards becoming a part of the WGN-TV crew!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5n3j0-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.