Accounts Payable Analyst
Responsible for production of weekly and bi-weekly in-house payroll tax processing including both exempt and non-exempt employees in a multi-state environment. This includes but is not limited to researching employee level tax issues and performing periodic tax reconciliations, corrections and any research needed on payroll tax jurisdictions.
• Perform the payroll tax processing function; including but not limited to, entry of payroll and tax election edits, adjustments, and review/analysis of applicable payroll tax reports and audits.
• Adheres to internal control processes; including payroll balancing procedures.
• Reviews and corrects employee records for required taxation in multiple states and local jurisdictions
• Must remain flexible and available to work on any/all disaster or emergency situations or holidays that impact payroll processing deadlines.
• Assists facility personnel/applicable accounting staff in research and resolution of payroll transactions
• Completes some of the more complex payroll functions; including, ensuring that payroll files have been generated and transmitted for multiple FEINs, states and locals including periodic quarterly and year-end tax reconciliations.
• Proficient with HRIS and in-house payroll systems
• 4+ years of payroll experience with 2+ years of multi-state payroll including tax reconciliation for quarter and year end.
• Experience in opening and closing payroll accounts with state and local tax jurisdictions.
• Proficient with Excel and Microsoft suite.
• Critical thinking and analytical skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• High School Diploma
Other skills/experience IT would be helpful to have?
• Experience using Workday in a payroll processing environment
• College level education
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0ye01-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.