WGN-TV has an immediate opening for an Overnight Master Control Engineer to work in a dynamic broadcast environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible operating and monitoring on-air operations of multiple channels including national networks and local channels. Must be able to maintain WGN quality control standards and adhere to FCC rules including the FCC Children's Television Act. Be able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of broadcast operations.
Operator must always maintain the highest level of quality control and use excellent judgement. Attention to detail is essential, able to confirm elements are airing as logged and looking ahead to resolve any potential issues before they occur. Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting techniques and effective communication to best convey the issues necessary for resolution.
The Master Control Operator is responsible for national network feeds and working with affiliates that may be experiencing technical difficulties. Must be able to operate ancillary on air equipment such as CGs, Dasdec, caption encoders, routers, switchers, and remote operation of transmitters.
• Three years total experience in professional live television broadcast operations required. Experience with Florical is a plus.
• You must be detail-oriented and be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
• Working knowledge of common business software applications, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Must work well in a collaborative team environment.
• This is an overnight position that will include weekends and holidays.
• Must be self-sufficient and have a press-on-regardless attitude.
The Chicago facility originates three national television networks and WGN-TV/Channel 9. This position is a staff position which will require membership in IBEW.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r11wvx-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.