- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the largest TV station operator in the country. With the reach of 171 television stations in 100 markets addressing nearly 38.7% of US television households, and a diversified, growing digital media operation. Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the parent company of Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. & Nexstar Digital LLC. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Broadcast Engineer operates, maintains, updates and repairs hardware and systems used for broadcasting and business operations.
• Maintains all broadcast technology and equipment for the station
• Installs and tests new systems and technical infrastructure for the station
• Minimizes service interruptions at times of equipment and/or system failure by rapidly identifying and implementing solutions
• Sets up and operates equipment and transmission links during outside broadcasts
• Installs and maintains the IT network, switches, data backups, work stations and printers
• Interprets and implements instructions and requests from other station personnel
• Communicates with members of the engineering team and other teams to effectively resolve equipment and system issues
• Assist in and conduct the daily operations and maintenance of building systems, including but not limited to plumbing, electrical, and other general maintenance requirements of the facilities
• Assist Chief Engineer with the supervising onsite contracted work
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record
• Minimum three years' experience with digital electronics systems in a television broadcasting environment
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Strong PC/MS Office experience
• Experience with fiber connectivity, production setups, A/V routing and patching, audio equipment, graphics systems and editing systems
• Experience with digital transmitters, microwave equipment, and other broadcast-related equipment
• Significant experience evaluating, selecting, installing, servicing and maintaining broadcasting industry equipment and information technology systems
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to work outdoors year round
• Good problem-solving skills
• Able to work independently as well as part of a team
• Valid Driver's License and good driving record
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Broadcast Engineer must be able to sit, reach, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Broadcast Engineer must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required.
All employees must first contact their manager before applying for an Internal position.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.