- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
The Operations Technician I primary tasks include: Newscast Studio Robotics Operator, Newscast Audio Operator, and Master Control Operator.
• Set up and maintenance of studio for newscast
• Various studio positions during live newscasts and taped events including:
• Operating prompter
• Operating robotic studio cameras
• Operating handheld camera
• Operating jib camera
• Floor directing
• Operating audio board
• Other duties as assigned
• Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Must be able to work well under deadline pressure
• Must be fast and accurate with non-linear editing
• Attention to detail is a must
• Ability to handle the pressure of a live news production, interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production and engineering staff
• Excellent communication and organization skills
• Physical Demands
• Required to sit and stand for long periods of time
• Required to operate a keyboard and mouse
• Some lifting
• Ladder climbing
• Work Environment
• Work performed primarily in an office environment, in the Control Room and in studio
• Some field camera/audio tasks
• Education and Experience
• Degree in communication or related field, or equivalent training and/or experience
• Must be proficient in non-linear editing.
• Experience in television, film, post production, or multi-camera studio production is preferred
• College coursework in video production is preferred
• All employees must first contact their current manager before applying for an Internal position.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.