The Producer (NE) is responsible for the audio content of broadcasts via radio, the internet and other mobile platforms. Also involved in the entire process, from generating ideas to managing the audience response after each program.
• Assists in writing and production of radio broadcast.
• Contributes to the editorial process and make solid decisions in breaking news situations.
• Execute strategies that engage and grow audiences across all digital devices.
• Writes, produces and edits material that appeals to target audiences.
• Research production topics using the internet, video archives, and other information sources.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's Degree in Broadcast Communications, Journalism or equivalent experience may substitute.
• Understand brand building directives.
• Interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production, digital and engineering staff.
• Detail oriented and organized.
• Excellent verbal, written, grammar and analytical skills.
• Ability to develop strong news judgment.
• Possess journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations.
• Knowledge of media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods, including alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
• Ability to meet quality standards for service & evaluate customer satisfaction.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqkkqx-18-234-244-170-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.