The Motion Graphic Designer will be based in the Marketing Department and will create visually compelling on-air, digital & print designs for News & Lifestyle Programming, Promotions, Commercial Production, Digital Ad Sales and Station Events.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Create unique branding/design packages for shows, promotion spots, client commercials, segments, news stories, etc.
• Create illustrative/informational graphics to enhance the storytelling of our news producers & reporters
• Adhere to the guidelines of established graphics aesthetics and promote brand consistency across all platforms
• Maintain, develop and grow knowledge of software & technology; Stay current of design trends and practices
• Collaborate closely with Marketing producers/photographers to help conceptualize station promotion and assist with guiding visual direction of spots.
• Interact daily with Art Director to discuss assignments & project progress/status
• Create & build Ross XPression templates for both newscasts & original programming
• Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements, Skills & Individual Attributes:
• Bachelor's degree in Design/Animation or equivalent training and/or experience
• In-depth knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator & InDesign)
• Knowledge and experience with Ross Xpressions, Cinema 4D and/or Blender a plus
• Solid understanding of design theory, typography, hierarchy, composition & balance
• Passion for design and desire to create amazing work, both individually and as part of a team
• Enthusiasm for collaboration, willingness to share knowledge and grow from constructive feedback
• Strong communication skills, ability to pivot and be flexible in rapidly changing situations
• Self-starting and eager to find solutions to creative and workflow obstacles
• English/Spanish bi-lingual a plus
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Graphic Designer must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, work outdoors in all weather conditions
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv5ey7-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.