The Meteorologist, Nexstar Weather Center works in the newly created weather support center for broadcast stations owned or operated by Nexstar Media Group. The Nexstar Weather Center is based in Dallas, Texas, and provides weather forecasting to markets in need of staffing assistance.
• Works with a team of Meteorologists based in Dallas, Texas
• Ensures all weather content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Assists Nexstar markets as needed, prioritizing those needs to help service local audiences.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Meteorology, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Strong understanding of the field of meteorology and a proven track record of forecasting
• Minimum two years' experience in weather forecasting in broadcast television
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required
• Superior on-air presence
• Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and collaborate with a local market to shape a solution
• Proficiency with weather software, computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, and other office equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Flexibility to work any shift. Weekends are required.
• Required to work in a studio in Dallas, Texas. No remote work opportunities.
• Fluency in English
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3qezq-34-204-169-230-42 in your application.