The Master Control Operator is responsible for the overall on-air look of the television station through airing programming and scheduled station breaks.
• Updates and maintains signal control systems
• Maintains programming logs as required by station management
• Segments content and clips to the server and then trims and modifies it
• Prints traffic logs and appends logs to the data management system
• Monitors strength, clarity and reliability of incoming and outgoing signals and adjusts equipment as necessary to maintain quality broadcasts
• Selects sources from which programming will be received, or through which programming will be transmitted
• Reports equipment problems and ensures that repairs are made and makes emergency repairs to equipment when necessary and possible
• Ensures the station's compliance with Emergency Alert System requirements
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Strong PC/MS Office experience
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Must be dependable.
• Willing to train right candidate.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.