The Master Control Operator is responsible for the overall on-air look of the television station through airing programming and scheduled station breaks.
• Updates and maintains signal control systems
• Maintains programming logs as required by station management
• Segments content and clips to the server and then trims and modifies it
• Prints traffic logs and appends logs to the data management system
• Monitors strength, clarity and reliability of incoming and outgoing signals and adjusts equipment as necessary to maintain quality broadcasts
• Selects sources from which programming will be received, or through which programming will be transmitted
• Reports equipment problems and ensures that repairs are made and makes emergency repairs to equipment when necessary and possible
• Ensures the station's compliance with Emergency Alert System requirements
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum three years' experience with digital electronics systems in a television broadcasting environment (More or less depending on market size)
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Strong PC/MS Office experience
• Experience with digital transmitters and other broadcast-related equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5kq50-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.