Las Vegas, NV
The Maintenance Technician is a member of the Technical Services Department and responsible for providing engineering and general maintenance support for the station under the direction of Technical Services Management. This person must have general knowledge of television transmitters and RF.
• Assist in maintaining all station broadcast equipment within the facility
• Install, support and maintain IT equipment and infrastructure
• Review and maintain system design documents and drawings
• Perform routine maintenance on all broadcast equipment
• Problem solving/troubleshooting to reduce equipment downtime and maximize system efficiency
• Develop audio/video and IT solutions that meet end users' requirements
• Responsible for maintaining multiple servers/routers/hubs/switches/PC's
• Generates analysis from concept to completion on projects assigned
• Interface with various users, technical services, technicians and other Engineers to implement, install and debug these systems
• Responsible for successful completion of new initiatives and operational projects
• Perform other job-related duties as requested by management
Requirements & Skills:
• BS degree in Electrical Engineering, IT, and/or other advanced technical/science degree or related work experience
• Experience with broadcast transmitters and RF.
• Experience with broadcast audio, video and control systems, video servers, graphics & IT systems
• Knowledge of master control and operations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient with Windows and Mac operating systems
• Detail oriented with ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to communicate with non-technical staff to resolve technical matters
• Knowledge of IT networking, firewalls, RF, fiber optics and encoding/decoding
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyjbmq-3-238-96-184-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.