WGN America is looking for an experienced Maintenance Engineer-in-Charge (EIC) to oversee maintenance of a brand new, state-of-the-art dynamic news set and a multipurpose studio/newsroom in our broadcast facility in Chicago. Reporting to the VP Engineering at WGN, and working closely with the VP News WGN America, the Maintenance EIC will be responsible for ensuring the proper maintenance and technical soundness of all broadcast equipment involving the WGN America News Nation operation.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Specify, document and install new equipment
• Immediately address technical issues described in daily discrepancy reports
• Facilitate and perform repairs and routine maintenance on broadcast equipment
• Develop Standard Operating Procedures for maintenance and operation of equipment
• Participate in the budget process by providing recommendations and designs to address technical needs
• Other duties as required
• Night/weekend work and on-call duty may be required
The successful candidate will be proficient in the following areas:
• 5+ years of experience troubleshooting all forms of broadcast audio/video equipment at an expert level
• 2+ years of experience creating and maintaining systems documentation using Autocad 360
• 5+ years of experience with electronic/electrical installation including running and terminating audio/video cables, labeling cables/patch bays/equipment, routing power/voice/data in equipment racks, installing equipment in racks, etc.
• 5+ years of experience with studio wireless RF systems including wireless microphones and IFB.
• 5+ years of experience working in a live news broadcast environment or equivalent live broadcast experience
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to work using ladders and other vertical support equipment (lifts, etc.)
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Word/Outlook/Excel/etc.)
• Ability to describe and explain complex broadcast workflows to non-technical people
• 5+ years creating project plans/budgets from project specifications
This is an IBEW union position and membership in the union is required.
If you're interested in a challenging and exciting opportunity to work with brand new, state-of-the-art technical infrastructure supporting a newly launched news show, this is your gig!
Position is based at the WGN-TV studios located seven miles northwest of downtown Chicago just minutes from I-94. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive salary as well as free on-site parking for employees. Do you have what it takes to be on our team? Send us your resume and take your first step towards becoming a part of the WGN America crew!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk2v2q-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.