Lifestyle Show Associate Producer / Co-Host
Kansas City, MO
If you're a naturally lighthearted host who's great at striking up conversations, and if you love the unexpected, unscripted moments of live TV, check this out: WDAF Fox4 in Kansas City is looking for an experienced full-time Lifestyle Host/Producer.
This position is responsible for hosting and producing our hour-long Lifestyle Show, including enterprising ideas and creating content that reflects life in Kansas City.
Requires dynamic anchoring, shooting, editing, and interviewing skills. Must have strong editorial judgement, research experience, effective communication, compelling and accurate writing, and project management.
• Interviewing guests/clients both in studio and on location in a non-scripted, fun, lifestyle show environment
• Knowledge of current events, popular culture, and compelling subjects in KC
• Competent in finding, shooting and editing engaging stories
• Researching show topics and developing questions for guests
• Greeting and assisting guests during show preparations
• Assisting sales on presentations including meeting with clients
• Participating in events - either station sponsored or others - to promote the show
• Plan and produce a quality show, through creative ideas, segments, interviews and production elements.
• Maintain a show social media account and assist with all online content
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in film, photography, television, news, or related field, or equivalent experience
• Must be experienced in writing, shooting, and editing
• Proven experience as host or on-air personality
• Ability to prioritize and address multiple projects with varying production timelines
• Must be energetic, positive and great in a team environment to craft an entertaining and unique product
• Must be highly motivated self-starter, able to work well alone and as part of a team
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Experience working with Bitcentral and ENPS is a plus
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.