We are searching for the next host for our hour-long Lifestyle Show. The style of show is segment and interview based, highlighting events and unique story telling here in Southern Colorado. The skill set we are looking for will require strong ad-libbing and interview skills. A college degree in broadcasting or related major is preferred with at least 2-3 years' experience. Familiarity with I-News, Adobe Premier Editing System and the Ross automated system puts you way ahead of the game.
• Provide daily on camera contributions to a daily television show
• Assisting Executive Producer with writing show segments
• Interviewing show guests/clients both in studio and on location
• Collecting information, video or photos at remote locations for post-production
• Greeting and assisting guests during show preparations.
• Researching show topics and developing questions for guests in coordination with Executive Producer
• Attending daily show meeting
• Assisting sales on presentations including meeting with clients
• Participating in events –either station-sponsored or others – to promote the show
• Maintaining a show social media account and assist with all online content as directed by the Executive Producer
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in film, photography, television, news, or related field, or equivalent professional experience
• Proven experience as a host or on-air personality
• Video introduction is required
• Ability to prioritize and address multiple project with varying production timelines
• Must be energetic, positive and great in a team environment
• Must be highly motivated self-starter, able to work well alone and as part of a team
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
Send resume, cover letter and non-returnable DVD or weblink of your latest newscast to: email@example.com
Joe Cole, News Director, KXRM-TV, 560 Wooten Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80915.
Pay range starts at $45,000 annual and commiserative with experience.
Other benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K match.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g335w9-3-236-51-151-42 in your application.