Lead Video Engineer
Remote / Virtual
We are looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer with experience in delivering large-scale, performant software systems within the media industry.
The Lead DevOps Engineer will be responsible for managing a team that runs the cloud infrastructure for our software applications that will help shape the broadcast industry now and into the future. Reporting to the Vice President of Engineering for Nexstar Digital, the right candidate will work closely with other stakeholders from Product, Scrum, Mobile, Platform, and Data Engineering teams to deliver software that can drive customer and business value from the Company's unique market position.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, passionate leader with an extensive devops background skilled at solving complex challenges by building innovative software systems using the latest best practices in technology. Candidate should have strong expertise in software development and delivery of large scale applications.
We are looking for someone who is comfortable digging into requirements, exceptional coding and release management skills, envisioning and architecting cloud services, helping build new software systems and infrastructure, mentor engineers, manage a team of engineers and the ability to work collaboratively with the rest of the team in agile methodology.
• Recruit and lead a team of DevOps Engineers
• Delivering, scalable, clean and robust software development
• Enforcing consistent software quality by implementing tests and performing code reviews
• Collaborating with product owners, engineers and data scientists to build a seamless media
• Championing new technologies and enforcing the best development patterns
• Debug issues in production/live systems
• Build and maintain infrastructure as code with Terraform/Cloudformation
• Build and develop CI/CD pipelines
• Continuously improve the platform and the infrastructure
• Perform code reviews
• Strong development skills in an Object oriented language, Python preferred
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Math or related field
• 5+ years of experience managing devops teams
• 5+ years experience with employee development, performance management and delivering results within schedule and budget constraints
• 10+ years of experience as a Devops Engineer
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.