As part of our support team, you will provide Technology support to Nexstar employees across the US in a highly complex technical environment. Responds to requests for assistance from telephone calls, chat, email messages and a self-service portal by troubleshooting & resolving problems. When necessary, will coordinate solutions with a variety of other Technology support staff. Ticket tracking used for all support issues and requests.
Provides support in troubleshooting and administration of various system components including Windows/Mac, mobile devices, and other software products such as Active Directory, Exchange, Office, VPN, Workday, SharePoint and various Broadcasting applications. This role requires you to become knowledgeable in our solutions and custom integrations in order to deep dive into troubleshooting and root cause analysis to identify and solve complex problems.
An additional function of this role is to act as primary onsite IT support for incidents and requests at your office location which requires you to be at the physical office location. This may also require involvement in department projects and hardware or software roll outs. While the primary role is IT, this role is the technical expert for this location, and may need to manage tasks of a technical nature beyond only IT support.
This position will include some overtime, after hours on call rotations, and working some holidays in order to provide 24x7x365 support to our employees. Scheduled shifts are also subject to change depending on demand.
Our broadcast centered business requires you to gain a clear understanding of television station operations and to be able to converse with users, managers and technologists in a manner to communicate expertise and confidence. This position is one of relatively high stress and requires individuals who are committed to high energy customer support.
• Provide first/second level technical support for Nexstar Media's Technology systems.
• Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, ticket portal, and in-person requests for assistance from employees experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
• Interviews user to collect information about problem and leads user through diagnostic procedures to determine source and resolution of issue(s).
• Handles problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for routine and complex user problems. Refers problems to appropriate support groups only when necessary.
• Logs and tracks issues and requests using ticket tracking software.
• Manage and maintain conference room AV equipment to ensure quality consistent user experiences when attending meetings in company conference rooms.
• Assists with the installation and configuration of software remotely or in person.
• May write or revise user/staff training manuals, procedures and documentation.
• Provide daily/weekly status reports on open issues for various support groups.
• Maintain a strong working knowledge of supported systems and integrations and continually strives to enhance knowledge through ongoing training, reading, and participating in projects. Provides support in planning, and improvement initiatives.
• Meet & maintain required performance standards for both quality and quantity, and make recommendations for improving service levels and procedures.
• Develop strong understanding of the business and can relate problems to business impacts. Understand when to place a sense of urgency and when to escalate critical problems.
• Weekly after hours on call rotations (overnight on weekdays/all day on weekends).
• Perform project duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent technical training in a computer related field of study; A+, Network+, MCSE or other appropriate technical certification a plus.
• Must possess strong customer service skills; desktop technical support and/or analysis experience strongly preferred.
• General understanding of Local Area and Wide Area; Networks and Wireless.
• Proficiency working with a variety of operating systems, including Apple.
• Broad understanding of PC hardware and software, including desktop management tools, application configurations and cloud based technologies.
• General understanding of MS Active Directory and Exchange.
• Basic knowledge of software applications used at Nexstar Media Group properties helpful.
• Good knowledge of audio and video conferencing, and management of complex equipment used in managing video conferences.
• Good analytical skills and problem solving abilities; demonstrated commitment to assuming responsibility and assuring appropriate speedy follow-through.
• Must be self-motivated and able to work effectively with minimum supervision.
• Ability to organize, schedule and complete multiple tasks concurrently.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to travel for work on rare occasions is helpful.
• Ability to adapt to a fast-changing work environment.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule and overtime as required.
• Must be able to work on site as users will need help in person. This is not a work from home position.
• Maintain stability of performance under pressure; demonstrate patience and control when dealing with difficult situations.
• Ability to research and resolve problems using knowledgebase and other available resources.
• Must be able to continuously see, view computer monitors, and give & receive oral communication.
• Must be able to frequently stand, walk, sit, drive, type, bend, squat, reach above shoulder level and discern color.
• Must be able to occasionally crawl, climb, and make fine discriminations in sound.
• Must be able to frequently lift/carry up to 50 lbs., repetitive simple grasping on a continuous basis, repetitive fine manipulation, and repetitive pushing and pulling on a frequent basis.
Pay range: $40-$45 per hour
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5o3y1-18-206-92-240-42 in your application.