Broadcast IT Specialist
Walt Disney Television
WGN America is seeking an IT Specialist to join their Engineering department. This position will support Broadcast and Post Production/Editing equipment in a digital television facility. The ideal candidate must be able to excel in a fast paced environment, work well under pressure and be solution-oriented. Strong verbal and written communication skills are a critical component of this role.
Responsibilities and Skills:
• Installation and Maintenance of Information Technology in a television broadcast environment.
• Thorough computer skills, a must.
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills are essential.
• Experience with multiple operating systems & application software suites including Microsoft, MAC OS, and Linux platforms required.
• Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud Applications a plus
• Candidate must be comfortable with IP protocol networking, domain configurations, routing and Cisco and Juniper IOS desired
• General understanding of digital video formats is important.
• Working knowledge of LAN/WAN/VPN networking, Video over IP and VOIP technologies is useful.
• Knowledge of satellite, microwave and fiber transmission technologies a plus.
• A degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related fields is preferred.
• In addition to working well independently, must also work well as part of a team.
• Ability to work well with people at all levels, professions and disciplines.
• Must be well-organized, detail-oriented and possess excellent oral and written communication skills including a predisposition to providing excellent customer service.
• Ability to follow verbal instructions while involved in high-pressure situations, being pro-active and relating information in a concise manner during critical situations.
• Must be able to work highly varied and flexible hours in support of live news events (i.e. nights, weekends, and holidays).
Applicant must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds for approximately 100 feet. Some climbing, stooping and crawling may be required. Manual dexterity needed to operate keyboards, mice, pushbuttons, manipulate tools and operate equipment. Position requires a driver's license and must be capable of safely operating company vehicles when required, and have good vision and hearing for satisfactory task completion, proper signal monitoring, and safe vehicle operations.
If you're interested in a challenging and exciting opportunity to work with brand new, state-of-the-art technical infrastructure supporting a newly launched news show, this is your gig!
Position is based at the WGN-TV studios located seven miles northwest of downtown Chicago just minutes from I-94. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive salary as well as free on-site parking for employees. Do you have what it takes to be on our team? Send us your resume and take your first step towards becoming a part of the WGN America crew!
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.