Who are we:
We are Nexstar Media Group, Inc., the largest TV station operator in the country. And we are also a technology company ready to embark upon transformative growth over the next decade. We produce and distribute engaging local and national news, sports and entertainment content across television, streaming and digital platforms, including nearly 300,000 hours of original video content each year.
Nexstar owns America's largest local broadcasting group comprised of top network affiliates, with 200 owned or partner stations in 116 US markets reaching 212 million people. In addition to delivering exceptional content and service to our communities, Nexstar provides premium multiplatform and video-on-demand advertising opportunities at scale for businesses and brands seeking to leverage the strong consumer engagement of our compelling content offering.
We are extremely proud of our collection of outstanding television stations, digital businesses, and talented employees nationwide. Within Nexstar Ad Sales, we are excited to reimagine and transform our division; investing and building for the future while forging a culture that promotes our entrepreneurial spirit, embraces bold thinking, and challenges the conventional way. If you have the curiosity, passion, are inclusive and collaborative, work with us, and let's continue to make a difference for all our stakeholders ~ our colleagues, our customers, our owners, and the communities in which we operate.
Title: Head of Ad Product
Reports to: Chief Business Officer
The Head of Ad Product is responsible for setting the vision and strategy for ad products/solutions that drive revenue growth for Nexstar across the portfolio by creating engaging audience experiences that deliver high impact results for advertisers. Lead Nexstar's product suite of data-driven ad solutions and ideate and develop new innovative products to drive revenue. Success will be defined by increased adoption and revenue from the ad product suite.
• Build the vision for Nexstar's growing suite of ad products.
• Work closely with corporate data team for advanced advertising (audience targeting) solutions
• Develop advertising products toward higher value, quality and impact that span digital, linear and OTT environments.
• Focus on innovation and new ad formats and products including audience targeting, addressable and shoppable TV and deep digital experiences.
• Lead product marketing, drive demand and usage. Will support the roll out, marketing and education of ad products
• Partner with sales to articulate to clients the value of Nexstar's ad product suite and how they can drive success for their business
• Initially, will lead three key product families to drive incremental revenue growth using 1P and 3P data: 1. Ad Formats 2. Audience Targeting 3. Digital Experiences
• Establish the operational structure and workflows between Sales and Data to support successful collaboration and product delivery
• Collaborate with IT on modern data backbone and data federation models
• Identify audience data priorities from Sales to inform ''digital experiences'' editorial calendar and development roadmap
• Rapidly scale (depth, breadth, and volume) 1P Data collected, through the increased use of tools and expansion of Digital Experiences packages (both client-sold packages and network-wide promotions used for data collection)
• Leverage 1P Data to deploy cross-media targetable audience
• Integrate multi-screen 3P attribution data; deploy client data on-boarding and data clean rooms
• Act as a strategic thought partner to team members.Be seen as a thought leader in the ad community for ad product strategy
• Study overall advertising performance and leverage analytics, optimization tools, and in-house resources to continually optimize the advertising strategy.
• Identify new monetization opportunities from industry trends and challenges, and perform market/competitive analysis to inform product decisions and roadmap
• Seamlessly work across multiple channels as well as planning, delivering, and optimizing toward awareness and performance driven critical metrics
• Develops short- to long-term objectives and budgets
• Collaborate with leadership and ad sales on ad product strategy as well as corporate product leadership.
• Lead and manage a staff of professionals
Salary Range: $225,000 - $275,000
• 15+ years' experience in advertising, product development and/or ad strategy
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• A strong understanding of the ad technology landscape and its role in the broader advertising and marketing ecosystem
• Digital experience required
• Experience and demonstrated ability in understanding and discussing technical concepts and tradeoffs
• Deep understanding of advertisers needs
• Creative problem-solving skills and a willingness to challenge the norm to improve product offerings and drive incremental revenue
• Extensive experience managing and collaborating with sales teams and advertisers
• Experience guiding, directing, and motivating teams, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance
• Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach/mentor to improve knowledge or skills
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills with an emphasis on translating insights, product information, and data into client value
• Ability to perform well in highly dynamic, rapidly changing environment
• A change leader with experience guiding new teams to deliver revenue
• Strategic thinker, creative problem solver, resourceful
• Exceptional ability to develop and maintain cross-functional relationships
• Proven leadership skills and ability to work across the organization
Nexstar offers full time employees a comprehensive benefits package to include medical, life and short-term disability insurance, worker's compensation, and unemployment insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, paid sick time, employee assistance program, bereavement leave, jury duty service time off, military leave, and medical/maternity & family leave.
Nexstar is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the industry's top talent. In compliance with the provisions of all applicable state and federal civil rights laws, every effort will be made to employ the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, disability, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, veteran's status, sexual orientation, military status, or any other protected personal characteristic. Additionally, it is and shall continue to be our policy to provide promotion and advancement opportunities within the Company in a nondiscriminatory fashion based on merit, qualifications, and ability.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4e2jy-3-239-117-1-42 in your application.