Designer, Graphics (NE)
The Graphic Designer will work with multiple departments, including news, creative services, internet, and sales, to create on-air still and motion graphics utilizing the latest in broadcast technology.
• Additional • Maintain and advance the graphic look of the station, while creating, managing, and organizing all graphic needs and related files for multiple and varied projects.
• Interact daily with news management, producers, and directors to successfully create visually compelling designs to enhance the storytelling process for our daily newscasts.
• Design and build graphics for daily newscasts, which include creating full-screen monitor graphics, over the shoulder graphics, maps, mugshots, and information graphics.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Requirements & Skills:
• Knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator & Premiere Pro including Essentials applications), and Ross Xpression Dual channel graphics systems.
• Knowledge of 3-D motion graphics including the practical application of the defined 12 principles of animation.
• Experience with Cinema4D and or other similar platforms.
• Hands-on experience working in a live production environment.
• Operation of Ross Xpression or Chyron graphics systems and integration of ENPS newsroom solutions software recommended.
• Clear communicator with the ability to communicate seamlessly with newscast directors and producers and flexibility to work in rapidly changing and breaking news situations.
• Experience and understanding of technical television news production as it relates to graphic design and or electronic media recommended.
• Knowledge and experience in the creation of graphics for social media applications.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.