The Graphic Designer will work with multiple departments including news, promotions, internet and sales to create on-air still and motion graphics utilizing the latest in broadcast technology.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Maintain and advance the graphic look of the station, while creating, managing and organizing all graphic needs and related files for multiple projects.
• Interact daily with marketing management, news producers and directors to successfully create visually-compelling designs to enhance the storytelling process for our daily newscasts and marketing efforts.
• Design and build graphics for newscasts. Includes building full screen monitor graphics, over the shoulder graphics, maps, mugshots, information graphics and graphics packages.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Knowledge and experience with: Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator & Premiere Pro), some form of 3D design Software and the Microsoft suite of products.
• Print experience (Posters, billboards, etc)
• Hands-on experience working in a live production environment
• Clear communicator with ability to communicate seamlessly with marketing director, news management and flexibility to work in rapidly changing situations
• Experience with technical television news production, graphics design and or electronic media. Experience working in a newsroom environment will be considered
• Knowledge and concept of sports and sports television design is helpful
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Graphic Designer must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, work outdoors in all weather conditions on occasion, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0y548-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.