Launch and oversee daily news show, implement daily strategies developed by upper management and consultants to improve the news product and increase viewership. Duties include building and leading a staff of producers on story selection, content, pace and flow. Keep up with news topics and leading daily meetings where story and topic ideas are pitched, discussed and assigned. The ideal candidate must bring creative ideas to the table, must work closely with the team, and good sources, contacts and the self-confidence to attain sought-after guests
• Work with Host and management to develop a show and build a team
• Accommodate growth and build-out of the production team that includes staff and freelance workers, while maintaining a high production output (team includes senior producer, segment producers, bookers, writers, etc).
• Develop show themes, segments, graphics, and other key elements.
• Mentor team members as needed, implement best practices growth goals, work to hold team members accountable
• Build out an air date schedule, and make sure all projects are delivering on time and creatively sound
• Make sure all relevant parties are included in project kickoffs and all stakeholders are being consulted as needed throughout the process.
• Assign projects to team members while overseeing bandwidth of each person.
• Work with Producers to create overall production schedule based on programming needs and keep Hosts and other team members informed of development/changes throughout the day.
• Work directly with sales and marketing teams on upcoming projects to find sponsorship and integration opportunities where possible
• Lead production conversations with all cross functional teams, including digital, as needed
• Must also be capable of assessing breaking news topics, as needed
• College degree or equivalent related experience preferred.
• Minimum of five years' experience as network Senior Producer or Executive Producer.
• We are looking for a dynamic leader with solid judgment who can build an effective team and one who understands the value of big news/relevant topics, accuracy and be able to work with Hosts to determine the direction of their stories and expectations.
• The EP also needs to have strong organizational skills and be able to perform and adjust under pressure.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written are essential.
• Excellent copy-editing skills are also a must.
• Must also be capable of interacting positively and productively with other employees all while understanding you are leading by example.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re83z5-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.