With 199 television stations (including partner stations) in 116 markets, Nexstar Media Group, Inc. is the largest TV station operator in the country. But we are more than that. We're also a technology company. Along with a broad range of broadcast opportunities, Nexstar staffs a growing and diversified digital media operation encompassing content management and mobile platforms, content marketing, targeted advertising products and strategic digital design and advertising operations. From newsroom to sales to operations to digital technology, joining Nexstar Nation offers unlimited opportunities for your career endeavors. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv
KLAS 8 News Now is actively recruiting for a full time Engineer I, IT Specialist.
The IT Systems/Network Engineer will provide and perform all information technology support for the station, and to assist with installation and setup of other digital broadcast systems. This individual is responsible for administering the IT policies and procedures of the company, maintaining servers, printers, VPN, wireless access points, domain controllers and PC workstations.
• Manage user accounts through Active Directory
• Manage and assist users with E-mail and desktop support
• Install, manage and maintain servers and workstations with various Windows and Linux OS
• Administer antivirus and similar support systems
• Serve Engineering, News, Production, Promotion, and Sales Departments by providing quality support services
• Work closely with Engineering to implement new technologies and technical infrastructure for the station
• Manage and maintain News production server system, News content storage and playout system, graphics and editing systems
• Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, or equivalent combination of education and work experience required
• Strong Information Technology background and networking skills required
• Microsoft and Cisco certifications are a plus
• Experience with remote desktop applications and VPN required
• Knowledge and experience with Adobe editing systems required
• Experience in broadcast television or a related field preferred
• Experience with AV switching, video encoding/decoding and file transcoding a plus
• Fluency in English; strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to work extended hours, as needed
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Engineer I, IT Specialist must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Engineer I, IT Specialist must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro37k4-3-238-232-88-42 in your application.