The IT Technician will provide and perform information technology support for the station and assist with installation and setup of other digital broadcast systems. This individual is responsible for administering the IT policies and procedures of the company, maintaining servers, printers, VPN, wireless access points, domain controllers and PC workstations.
• Manage user accounts/objects through a combination of Active Directory and Intune
• Manage and assist users with Microsoft 365 products and general desktop support.
• Install, manage, and maintain servers and workstations with various Windows and Linux OS
• Administer antivirus and similar support systems.
• Serve Engineering, News, Production, Promotion, and Sales Departments by providing quality support services.
• Work closely with other Engineers to implement new technologies and technical infrastructure for the station.
• Manage and maintain News production server system, News content storage and playout system, graphics and editing systems.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Skills:
• Associates Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equiva lent combination of education and work experience required.
• Driver's license with clean driving record.
• CompTIA A+ certification a plus.
• Experience with remote desktop applications and VPN preferred.
• Knowledge and experience with Adobe editing systems preferred.
• Experience in broadcast television or a related field a plus.
• Experience with AV switching, video encoding/decoding, signal routing, and file transcoding a plus.
• Fluency in English; strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to work overtime as needed.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The IT Technician must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the effectiveness of co-workers. Able to work near others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The IT Technician must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 40 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required.
$20-$22/hour based on experience and qualifications.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy59xk-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.