The Assistant Chief Engineer will assist with overseeing the day to day operations of the Engineering Department and is responsible for the maintenance of all broadcast technology and equipment at the station and transmitter sites.
• Assists in managing all aspects of the Engineering Department
• Maintains all broadcast technology and equipment for the station and transmitter sites
• Ensures station compliance with rules and regulations applicable to FCC, local, state, and federal, laws
• Works closely with Chief Engineer to implement new technologies and technical infrastructure for the station
• Assists with managing engineering and technology capital projects to the established budgets.
• Manages and coordinates fiber connectivity, production setups, A/V routing and patching, audio equipment, graphics systems and editing systems
• Evaluates, selects, installs, services and maintains station equipment and information technology systems
• Repairs and maintains station building infrastructures
• Assists in maintaining station vehicle fleet, including live satellite trucks
• Communicates with and coordinates equipment maintenance and training with vendors/contractors
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Associate Degree in Electronics, Communications, or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience preferred
• Minimum three years' experience with a television broadcasting environment
• Familiarity with Avid-related software/hardware products a plus
• Fluency in English; strong communication, both verbal and written
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to work extended hours, as needed
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjq92b-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.