Who are we:
We are Nexstar Media Group, Inc., the largest TV station operator in the country. And we are also a technology company ready to embark upon transformative growth over the next decade. We produce and distribute engaging local and national news, sports, and entertainment content across television, streaming and digital platforms, including nearly 300,000 hours of original video content each year.
Nexstar owns America's largest local broadcasting group comprised of top network affiliates, with 200 owned or partner stations in 116 US markets reaching 212 million people. In addition to delivering exceptional content and service to our communities, Nexstar provides premium multiplatform and video-on-demand advertising opportunities at scale for businesses and brands seeking to leverage the strong consumer engagement of our compelling content offering.
We are extremely proud of our collection of outstanding television stations, digital businesses, and talented employees nationwide. Within Nexstar Ad Sales, we are excited to transform our division; investing and building for the future while forging a culture that promotes our entrepreneurial spirit, embraces bold thinking, and challenges the conventional way. If you have the curiosity, passion, are inclusive and collaborative, work with us, and let's continue to make a difference for all our stakeholders ~ our colleagues, our customers, our owners, and the communities in which we operate.
Title: Director, Creative Services
Reports to: SVP, Ad Sales Marketing & Solutions
Pay Range: $135 - $160k
Location: CA or NY; Hybrid 3 days in office
The Dir, Creative Services will lead a creative design services team, producing creative materials including digital, video and print that supports Nexstar Ad Sales' growing portfolio of media properties including The CW Network, NewsNation, The Hill, and Nexstar Digital.
This design leader will oversee the creative execution of all sales and marketing material and work closely with the Ad Sales Marketing & Solutions team to help build, execute, and enhance Nexstar Ad Sales premium brand reputation.
The ideal candidate will be a forward-thinker with an eye-toward modern design and the fast-moving world of Media, Entertainment & Technology. As a senior level creative professional, you will have deep professional experience designing and managing a team responsible for digital, multimedia, and print creative projects from start to finish. In this role, you will also be tasked with understanding and translating complex insights, analytics, and sales data into concise and clearly understood graphics and visuals that tell a compelling story to our advertising clients.
As a strong collaborator, you and your team will need to work effectively with various groups across the company including Marketing, Ad Sales, Insights, Product, Operations, and Human Resources, as well as executive leadership, on required design projects as needed.
The Director of Creative Services will provide strategic creative direction and innovative thinking to effectively differentiate Nexstar in the marketplace and grow revenue.
• Lead and manage a team of high-skilled graphic designers, providing creative direction, coaching, and design leadership on all projects.
• Develop and execute concepts across sales collateral, PowerPoint presentations and templates, videos, websites, social media, special reports, email newsletters, thought leadership articles, whitepapers, conference and event signage, invitations (print and digital) and other event materials, brochures, print and digital trade advertising, infographics, and various other internal and external deliverables as needed.
• Create Brand Guidelines & Style Guides and train designers and other departments on visual brand guidelines and set and maintain brand design standards across the division and all ad sales material.
• Oversee project pipelines, roadmaps, timelines, and deliverables to support resource allocation and any potential external vendor management and quality control for the creative services function of assigned projects.
• Effectively work through the required sign-off processes, completing all proofreads, and following all spec guidelines, for all projects under management.
• Ensure the use of effective time management on all projects and use organizational skills to maintain effective workflows and ensure project and team deadlines are met.
• As drafts are created, act as the liaison between the Creative Department and key executive stakeholders by presenting work and effectively taking in feedback.
• Lead the creation of internal presentation decks and live activation elements for key sales executives, often under tight timelines.
• Continuously seek opportunities to innovate the brand and ensure consistency across visual communications and materials
• Help elevate messaging via creative collateral to communicate the value proposition of Nexstar properties and assets to the industry.
• Lead all creative design efforts across various high-profile projects including Upfront, CES, Cannes, Advertising Week, trade advertising campaigns, internal senior strategy meetings, etc.
• Work closely with Marketing Communications and Human Resources to produce creative materials including video, digital and print that supports the sales portfolio and raises awareness and consideration.
• Work closely with the SVP and the Marketing team to develop and manage new positioning strategy and brand refresh, refining core messages with key stakeholders, and aligning organizational materials and communications.
• 10+ years' related media experience; graphic design or related field experience
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Strong visualization, communication and creative thinking skills are essential
• Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud design suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator) and MS Office with an emphasis on PowerPoint design
• Proficiency in HTML, Flash, CSS, WordPress, and Final Cut Pro a plus
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong motivational and leadership skills
• Strong client service skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize responsibilities
• Must be creative and bring big ideas
• Organized and efficient multitasker
• A strong and decisive decision maker
• Responsible for translating our goals into tangible tools that can be used to sell our portfolio.
• Experience in social media and developing publications and other externally facing assets, and leveraging multiple forms of media to define and elevate an organization's profile
• Experience engaging and collaborating with organizational senior leaders and multiple teams with distinct needs, across an organization
Nexstar offers full time employees a comprehensive benefits package to include medical, life and short-term disability insurance, worker's compensation, and unemployment insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, paid sick time, employee assistance program, bereavement leave, jury duty service time off, military leave, and medical/maternity & family leave.
Nexstar is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the industry's top talent. In compliance with the provisions of all applicable state and federal civil rights laws, every effort will be made to employ the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, disability, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, veteran's status, sexual orientation, military status, or any other protected personal characteristic. Additionally, it is and shall continue to be our policy to provide promotion and advancement opportunities within the Company in a nondiscriminatory fashion based on merit, qualifications, and ability.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rob0yp-44-192-92-49-42 in your application.