- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
The Digital Video Content Producer produces original lived and on demand video content for the digital and social platforms for both KARK 4 News and FOX 16 News. In addition, this role will write story copy, cut & upload video, update stations social media accounts and perform other tasks as necessary.
• Produces live streaming content across all platforms, including News Feed Now, which is distributed nationwide by Nexstar properties
• Produces original content for VOD, from repurposed news content, aggregated news extras and original video
• Writes and edits stories for KARK.com and FOX16.com.
• Cuts and uploads video from newscasts and national content feeds.
• Updates social media accounts
• Performs other tasks as necessary
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Minimum two years' experience in news operations. (More or less depending on market size.)
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Flexibility to work any shift.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Digital Video Content Producer must be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the News Producer must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.