A digital editor and distribution producer (DEDP) is primarily responsible for ensuring all stories posted to ABC4.com meet specific copyediting standards for publication. This person will ensure stories are packaged in a manner that grows pages per session and search traffic. As the person aware of each story on ABC4.com they will also oversee the organization of homepage content, as well as social media and mobile app content distribution.
The ideal candidate is an expert copyeditor, excellent headline writer, and experienced with SEO keyword utilization.
The DEDP ensures primary ABC4.com pages, namely the homepage, are dynamic and featuring top stories for audience growth.
This position is evaluated by homepage user growth, direct and search traffic growth, overall sessions per user, social media engagement and story click-throughs, and mobile app screen views and user growth.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Copyedit all stories on ABC4.com prior to publishing
• Watching for libel, typos, standards, packaging, accuracy, attribution, and extra source
• Manage homepage and primary sub-pages to reflect top stories and content
• Edit headlines to maximize CTR; use software tools to help in this effort
• Update older trending stories by re-packaging with relevant SEO best practices
• Push engaging and breaking stories on mobile apps and desktop
• Generate meaningful audience engagement on social media without baiting; encourage CTR
• Conduct regular site analysis and inventory; boost high performing pages
• Regularly monitor analytic tools, social media, and competition to ensure the website is always current and is featuring relevant, trending, and fresh content
• Work with producers and reporters on adding video and wordcount to web stories
• Expert copyeditor with proficiency in AP Style and SEO best practices
• Proficiency in Google Analytics, Chartbeat, Social Flow, and WordPress
• Google Analytics and Trends certification is a bonus
• Understanding of high engagement social media posting
• Excels in fast-paced, sometimes high-pressure, work environment
• Highly detail-oriented with excellent news judgment
• Ability to multi-task and flexible with schedule in times of breaking news, severe weather, etc.
• Must possess journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Two years of experience in digital or print newsroom. Achieved a bachelor's degree in Communication, Marketing, Journalism. Equivalent experience may substitute.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: High stress, high energy environment with deadline pressures.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re8vn8-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.